The DUTCH Plus Hormone Test
WHAT CAN THE DUTCH PLUS® TELL US THAT THE DUTCH COMPLETE™ CANNOT?
Even though a patient may have “normal” free cortisol levels throughout the day, that doesn’t always mean everything is functioning properly. The graph below shows two good examples. A blunted or exaggerated Cortisol Awakening Response (CAR) can appear, even when single samples return “normal” results. The HPA axis might not be appropriately responding when faced with a stressor, even when cortisol levels are fluctuating nicely throughout the day. The “stress” of waking allows us to test the HPA axis in a way that has been independently correlated to clinical outcomes and cannot be assessed by other cortisol tests on the market.
The DUTCH Plus Hormone Test Results Include:
• Analysis of 35 different hormones: estrogen, progesterone, testosterone, DHEA-S, and cortisol along with their metabolites, plus the cortisol awakening response (CAR)
• Graphical representation of results and embedded video tutorials to assist in the hormone assessment to share with your medical provider
• DUTCH OATs: Melatonin (6OHMS), 8-Hydroxy-2-deoxyguanosine (8-OHdG), and six organic acid tests (OATs) including markers for vitamin B12 (methylmalonate), vitamin B6 (xanthurenate), kynurenate, glutathione (pyroglutamate), dopamine (homovanillate), norepinephrine/epinephrine (vanilmandelate).
The kit includes:
• Easy-to-follow Directions and Requisition Form
• (4) Urine Collection Strips and (6) Salivette™ Saliva Collection Tubes
• Resealable Plastic Bag
• Sealable Return Envelope
For more questions related to DUTCH TESTING contact Precision Analytical directly at:
3138 NE Rivergate Street, Suite #301C
McMinnville, OR 97128 | USA
Phone: (503) 687-2050
Fax: (503) 687-2052