The Lymphocyte MAP measures the integrity of the immune system at the cellular level, enabling the classification of the immunotype or their immune identity. It uses an advanced flow cytometry method that combines laser technology with monoclonal antibodies to measure the properties of the living cells based on size, shape, density, and granularity, resulting in a high-precision count of various lymphocyte subpopulations. The Lymphocyte MAP identifies patterns of balance or imbalance of the T cells, B cells, and natural killer cells detected in the blood and organizes them into specific immunotypes to facilitate the understanding of the test results.
CYREX Lymphocyte MAP – Comprehensive Lymphocyte Immunophenotyping
Cyrex: Lymphocyte MAP Comprehensive Immunophenotyping of Lymphocytes
The body’s immune system is the most important defense mechanism we have for detecting, identifying, and destroying invading enemies. Think of your immune system as your very own dedicated Home Land Security. Your immune system is 100% dedicated to loving and protecting you your entire life. When your body is exposed to a new pathogen like a virus or a fungus, your defense mechanisms are triggered like the alarm on your front door or your car. You know how you respond when you hear those bells and whistles, well your immune system responds much the same way when a new virus it hasn’t encountered before, your immune system works diligently to know exactly what soldiers need to be called to ground zero to engage with this new intruder.
The Lymphocyte MAP measures the integrity of the immune system at the cellular level, enabling the classification of the immunotype or their immune identity. It uses an advanced flow cytometry method that combines laser technology with the monoclonal antibodies to measure the properties of the living cells based on size, shape, density, and granularity, resulting in a high-precision count of various lymphocyte subpopulations. The Lymphocyte MAP identifies patterns of balance or imbalance of the T cells, B cells and natural killer cells detected in the blood and organizes them into specific immunotypes to facilitate the understanding of the test results.
The Lymphocyte MAP can:
Provide you with very useful surrogate markers for the diagnosis of autoimmune diseases, immune deficiencies, allergies, and hypersensitivities.
Give you an invaluable picture of underlying immune imbalances that may trigger complex diseases.
Help you see how environmental triggers could affect your immune system, possibly resulting in disease.
Help you identify immune conditions at an earlier stage, which if not addressed, may cause over-reaction (autoimmunity), or under-reaction (immune deficiencies) of the immune system, thus gauging existing susceptibilities.
Give you a more precise immune picture to help plan a treatment regimen or monitor its success.
The Lymphocyte MAP opens a new world for immune system analysis and identifies important correlations with disease conditions.
Samples will be processed within 14 business days of receipt at the laboratory.
A copy of your test results will be emailed to you from MyLabsForLife.
Test Preparation for Optimal Results:
- This is a Serum (blood) test.
- Cyrex Laboratories Blood Draw Instructions will be mailed with a Test Requisition and specimen collection kit upon receipt of payment by MyLabsforLife.
- Fasting is not required, but please abstain from consuming overly fatty foods prior to your blood draw to avoid sample rejection.
- Corticosteroid use and immunosuppressant drugs affect antibody production and therefore may impact test results. Please consult with your healthcare provider prior to testing if taking these medications.
- Please note: Cyrex Laboratories cannot accept samples from NY.
- $295.00GLP-TOX Screen Because exposure to environmental pollutants has been linked to many chronic diseases, The Great Plains Laboratory has created GPL-TOX, a toxic non-metal chemical profile that screens for the presence of 173 different toxic…
- $245.00The Microbial Organic Acids Test (MOAT) is included in the Organic Acids Test (OAT) and indicates the metabolites produced by yeast and bacteria. Elevated test values are related to yeast or bacterial dysbiosis. The MOAT…
- $475.00Autoimmune Disease is on the rise. As of 2020, research is revealing that between 15 and 30 million people in the United States suffer from autoimmune disease, making it the nation's largest class of illness,…
- $355.00The Organic Acids Test (OAT) provides an accurate evaluation of intestinal yeast and bacteria. Abnormally high levels of these microorganisms can cause or worsen behavior disorders, hyperactivity, movement disorders, fatigue and immune function. Many people…