There are estimated to be over 50,000 different species of mold, but only about 200 present serious health risks to humans or animals. These harmful species are referred to as toxic mold and are potentially hazardous because they can produce toxins known as mycotoxins. And their impact can be life threatening.
Mycotoxin Tests are performed for Tricothecenes, Ochratoxins, Aflatoxins and Gliotoxin. Anyone in contact with mold exposure or with prolonged symptoms of exposure should consider being tested for mycotoxins.
The RealTime Labs mycotoxin test detects 15 different mycotoxins, including 9 macrocyclic trichothecenes. Testing is done using competitive ELISA, a very sensitive detection method using antibodies prepared against mycotoxins. In fact, RealTime Labs was recently granted a U.S. patent for its macrocyclic trichothecene test.
This RealTime lab test looks for these specific Molds & Mycotoxins:
- Ochratoxin A is evaluated using ImmunoSorbant Columns containing antibodies to the Ochratoxin A. Results are reported as PRESENT or NOT PRESENT.
- Ochratoxins A
- Tricothecenes are evaluated by using Enzyme-Linked ImmunoSorbant Assay (ELISA). The test at RTL has been validated as a qualitative test. Thus, RTL reports whether tricothecenes are PRESENT or NOT PRESENT.
- Satratoxin G
- Satratoxin H
- Isosatratoxin F
- Roridin A
- Roridin E
- Roridin H
- Roridin L-2
- Verrucarin A
- Verrucarin J
- Aflatoxins are evaluated using ImmunoSorbant Columns containing antibodies to the group of aflatoxins (B1, B2, G1, and G2). Results are reported as PRESENT or NOT PRESENT.
- Aflatoxin B1
- Aflatoxin B2
- Aflatoxin G1
- Aflatoxin G2
- Glitoxin is a mycotoxin produced by Aspergillus fumigatus, a major cause of death in immunocompromised patients. Gliotoxin has been demonstrated to have significant immunosuppressive effects and may play a role in teh evasion of host defenses in Invasive Aspergillosis.
All mycotoxin testing results are displayed in an easy-to-understand numeric format, showing detection levels in ppb as standardized by the FDA, WHO, CDC and Food Industry for clinical use. Results also tell if the test was positive, negative or equivocal, along with ranges of detection for each.
The health affects of mold and mycotoxin exposure are numerous. Mold
Test Preparation For Optimal Results & Test Kit Instructions:
- No fasting required. Test sample is a urine sample.
- Processing time after the test kit is received is approximately 10-14 Business Days. MyLabsForLife will send you a copy of your test results after they have posted.
- Kits, with collection instructions, will be sent by UPS within 24 hours of receipt of payment to MyLabsForLife.com. Depending on your location, UPS delivery can be 1-6 business days (1-4 business days in 80% of the U.S.). The kit is returned to RealTime Labs in the prepaid, 2-day ground UPS shipper that comes with the kit. For test kit information, please contact the support staff at Real Time Labs: 1-855-692-6767.
- Please note: This test is not available in these states at this time: NY, NJ & RI