Test Preparation For Optimal Results:
Avoid all seafood for 72 hours (3 days) prior to collecting this sample. A 24-hour urine collection must be submitted for this test to be completed. The specimen container for the 24-hour urine collection can be picked up at any Lab Corp lab collection site. The Lab Corp staff will be happy to answer any questions or concerns. Instructions for a 24-hour urine are as follows:
1. The specimen collection starts by discarding the first urine passed upon rising. It is important to empty the
2. Except for the discarded urine passed upon the morning rise, place ALL of the urine passed during the next
24 hours in the specimen container obtained at the Lab Corp collection site. Urine passed during bowel
movements must be included in the collection process.
3. Maintain the specimen container at room temperature.
4. Avoid contact with metal during the collection process.
5. At the same time the following morning, empty the bladder completely one more time and add this sample to
the collection container. This completes the collection process.
6. Be sure the lid to the specimen container is on securely. Take the collection container to the Lab Corp
collection site as soon as possible.
Disclaimer: Your health care provider should evaluate a deviation from normal ranges.